Thursday, June 01, 2006

Memorial Day is everyday, right?


































I've been meaning to post this for a week now, but, well, I've got this week off before I start at the Post, and I'm lazy. Still, head over to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution's NPD
porfolio and website (for audio).

This section [wrapped] our single copy sales on Memorial Day. We remember the soldiers lost in Iraq from the Georgia National Guard's 48th brigade.The type on each page [is] direct words of the people in the photographs about the person they lost, whether it's a father, son, husband, grandson, etc.
Rich Addicks, photographer and reporter; Christoph Furhmans, designer; Chris Stanfield, Director of Photography

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! I looked at all the pages on NPD. ..absolutely gorgeous. The portraits just reach out and grab you. I like the black border around them, makes me think I'm peeking into a personal family album.

Just terrific work all around by the AJC.