Monday, June 19, 2006

Tampa snags page of the day; Josh Gillin to St. Pete

I'm behind the times, I know it, but I feel like I've read somewhere that this is the "new" (quotes indicated my behind-the-times-ness) Monday Tampa Trib. The woman acting as Vanna White to the python kind of bothers me, but it's still the most interesting page from the region today.

Gillin on the move
In other Florida news, Josh Gillin of the Philly Inquirer has taken a job at the Trib's rival, St. Pete's tbt*, a free youth-oriented pub.


He tells Sarasota's Doug Jessmer:
"It's a good little gig and shows how the Times is willing to devote resources and experiment with ways to win readership. It's gotten a very positive response and is aimed at younger readers, kind of like Red Eye for the Tampa Bay area."
Read more on the move at VizEds.

Congrats, Josh. Welcome to Region 3.

No comments: