Sunday, February 05, 2006

Alabama church fires

At least six church fires happened in Central Alabama Friday. The fires appear linked and intentional. [Soapbox] I've had the, um, experience of living in the South for about five years now, and I still can't believe this stuff happens. Please alert me to follow up pages of outrage and exasperation. [/Soapbox] Here's how the state covered it:





My personal vote goes to Tuscaloosa for a super laying effort. Plus, I like how they got out of the way of the good image and big news. There was lots to choose from Friday, but they went with the local choice and didn't do it halfway. Kudos to everyone else as well. Anyone else have thoughts on what worked and what didn't? Post 'em below.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job, Tuscaloosa. I also like the way the page around the centerpiece was designed, even the promos have a lot of restraint in color and use of images so the centerpiece impact really pounds through.