Thursday, February 09, 2006

Grammy pages!





Apparently there was not a lot of stuff going on in South Florida, where most of these pages come from. I'll throw this out there: I said in our news meeting yesterday that I don't think newspapers are where people go for this kind of coverage and suggested that we had better LOCAL news to put out front, even with average photos. I mean, I'm over here in Fort Lauderdale and the Grammys are way over there in LA and we put a photo of a band from Ireland on the front, and it was the biggest thing on our page today. It was suggested that some people who care about the Grammys might have to work in the morning or might be, ahem, older and therefore fall asleep during the broadcast. I say if that's the case they're just as likey to find it on 14A with a big-ass refer as they are if we centerpiece it. Orlando did a nice job getting it out there with some oomph while not overplaying it. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

No comments: